Medicare in a nutshell
Medicare is the federal health insurance program for people who are 65 or older, certain younger people with disabilities, and people with End-Stage Renal Disease.
The Medicare problem....
- Original Medicare only covers 80% of health insurance costs
- Dangerous, potentially unlimited, out of pocket costs
- Very limited long term care protection
- No dental or vision coverage
- Expensive hearing aid options
- The "donut hole" is extremely mysterious and ever changing
- Profoundly confusing options from numerous insurance companies.
...a bit more detail
Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) covers inpatient hospital stays, care in a skilled nursing facility, hospice care, and some home health care.
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers certain doctors' services, outpatient care, medical supplies, and preventive services.
Medicare Part C ("Medicare Advantage") a Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare to provide you with all your Part A and Part B benefits AND offers prescription drug coverage. Significantly limits your potential out of pocket costs.
Medicare Part D (prescription drug coverage) adds prescription drug coverage to Original Medicare
Medicare Supplements Standardized plans that cover the gap, depending on plan chosen, between what "Original Medicare" covers and your costs.
Not sure what kind of coverage you have? Please contact our office and we will answer all your questions: 518 220 4233
To do your own research
- Download the booklet: "Medicare and You"
- Visit the Medicare website
- Ask your friends what they have experienced, and why.
- Come back to us, and we will enroll you in the best Medicare plan available for YOU.